2020 February 19 Wednesday in Liberty Hill, Texas http://www.tomandellajournal.com
orty five degrees at daybreak that did reach the predicted high temperature of forty seven.
vercast sky, drizzle and occasional rain was how the day began.
he Grandies** weekly Wednesday meeting was held, as usual, in the Over The Hill Gang* building.
hen the meeting party pic Grandies** was over, Rex, Blanca, Bill, Karen, Ella, and I played a game out Fast Track. It is even more fun to play with six people in teams of two. Ella and Bill won.
fter Grandies**, Rex, Blanca, Bill, Karen, Ella, and I went to Hobo Junction for lunch. The Three men ordered the daily special: chicken fried steak. That was the whole reason that we went there. Oh okay, also we enjoy each other’s company.
IN THE BEGINNING part 6
If you haven’t read “The Beginning Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5” you should read it first for a fuller understanding.(go to “2020 February 14 Thursday”)
Originally published November 2011
For the next couple of years we made the resort our home base. However, we also were able to volunteer as camp hosts at a couple of Corp of Engineer parks around Saylorville Lake. We both were still working full time (though we were both doing temp work).
In the years since then we have both retired. Ella was tired of waiting for new temp jobs to open. I had a heart attack that made me even more aware of how quickly things can change. Since retiring, we have done more work camping and some part-time jobs.
Now that we qualify for Medicare it will give us more freedom to travel without worrying about whether our insurance will be honored. Our plan is to travel to the Austin Texas area for the winter of 2012-2013 and then return to Iowa for the summer months. However, we’ll see how those plans work out. They have already gone through some revision. The original plan was to purchase another RV to take to Texas. We would then leave that one in storage in the south and return to Iowa and live in the RoadRanger.
(to be continued on “2020 February 20 Friday”)
dreary sky to end a dreary (though fun-filled) day in Texas
- IF YOU ENJOYED MY JOURNAL ENTRY, PLEASE CLICK THE LIKE BUTTON, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR FOLLOW.
- Thanks for stopping by.
- God bless and g’nite
Visit my other blogs
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 141 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!
In the summer, Grandies also work to make available snack packs through Operation Liberty Hill for children who may not otherwise have enough food without a school in session. Additionally, they provide meals at Vacation Bible School. and host bake sales twice a year to raise funds for their important works.
Wednesdays, 9 a.m.
Currently meets at the OTHG building (3307 RR 1869)