2020 February 21 Friday in Liberty Hill, Texas http://www.tomandellajournal.commail to: tomandEllajournal@gmail.com‘m really excited about the New domain name and email address.Not quite six hours of sleep. But okay I’m back to waking at five o’clock, which had been my “normal” time to wake for years. Now our I can just get to sleep earlier.espite all of the recent rains, we are still in a drought.
“So far, Texas has seen relatively little change in drought conditions since the beginning of the year. As of last week, more than half the state, or about 53.4%, was experiencing some degree of drought, but the winter rainfall in Austin is only about a half-inch less than normal.“ (Quoted from Austin Statesman)ven though I was awake and moving at five o’clock, I fell into the YouTube black hole and missed getting a photo of the sunset. If you really need a sunrise photo here is one from February 14th. Today’s sunrise would have nearly exactly like the forteenth’s.ecause Ella and I didn’t get around until later today, we skipped breakfast and went to the Georgetown senior center earlier than usual. As it turned out, we were the first ones (other than staff) to arrive.y the time lunch was served,there were about a dozen folks at the centere stopped at the Wal-Mart store inn Georgetown before coming home. We were out of milk, both the regular refrigerated and the shelf-stable, ultra pasteurized milk. Though it does not NEED to be refrigerated, I like to keep at least one cartoon refrigerated “just in case.”
IN THE BEGINNING part 7
ep, I’m trying to lose weight again. And by “trying” I mean, I hope I will loose about fifty to sixty pounds without me doing anything different in my life.The local Lions Club. Had a fish fry fundraiser this evening at the former American Legion Hall in Liberty Hill. So shortly after the groceries were put away, Elsa and I went into town for supper.aking the long way home, we stopped at the Liberty Hill “Mall” (Dollar General) which had gone through a face lift of sorts. Most of the clothing was gone. A vastly expanded frozen food section and a new (small) fresh produce area are the biggest changes that we saw.
hat is either the sunset over a live oak or a burning bush. What do you think? Should I go investigate?
- IF YOU ENJOYED MY JOURNAL ENTRY, PLEASE CLICK THE LIKE BUTTON, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR FOLLOW.
- Thanks for stopping by.
- God bless and g’nite
Visit my other blogs
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 143 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!