2020 February 24 Monday in Liberty Hill, Texas http://www.tomandellajournal.comMail to: TomAndEllaJournal@gmail.comt stayed very comfortable overnight in the RV with no heaters running. It wasn’t quite warm enough to have the bedroom windows open though.hat’s all she wrote. I was very fortunate to have checked the sky at just the right moment. Earlier it had been a completely gray sky. Moments after taking this photo, the sky was once again the color of a weathered tombstone.erhaps the reason my thoughts are also gray today is because it was four years ago today that my sister, Maryann, died. She was the last of my immediate family.
- My father died of cancer in 1952 at the age of 45.
- My youngest sister committed suicide in 1956 after being diagnosed with cancer. She was 21.
- My mother died in 1994 from complications from a fall and broken leg. She was 87.
- My brother died of cancer in 1994 at the age of 63.
- Maryann died in 2016 at the age loud 83.
still have plenty of family left, but they are all younger than I: Children, stepchildren, grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces, nephews, great nieces and nephews, great great nieces and nephews, great great great nieces and nephews, and all those in-laws and out-laws. There are also all of those exchange students that we’ve hosted over the years, all are family.his small tree, at the Georgetown Senior Center, though not in full bloom, is looking very spring-like.At the center we played a couple of games of Fast Track. My partner and I lost both games. We will take the game back to the center tomorrow, In hope of having them join us for games again.e took a slightly longer route home from the center. We were following the advice of our HUMx device as we searched for the best gasoline price. We saved six cents per gallon on twenty five gallons. I think that means that I saved a dollar and a half.here was a nice progression as the clouds and sun interacted at sunset
- IF YOU ENJOYED MY JOURNAL ENTRY, PLEASE CLICK THE LIKE BUTTON, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR FOLLOW.
- Thanks for stopping by.
- God bless and g’nite
Visit my other blogs
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 146 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!