2020 February 27 Thursday in Liberty Hill, Texas
- Welcome to our daily journal! Send Mail to: TomAndEllaJournal@gmail.com
rr. I say brrrr. Baby, it’s cold outside. Ella is feeling better, but not good. We decided to stay home again. I didn’t get out from under those nice was covers to take a sunrise photo
Now for something different
Simple Recipe for Beans & Ham(or Ham & Beans if you prefer.)
I used Mayocoba beans however Pinto or Navy beans would work just as well.
Use enough beans for the number of people you will feed (1 cup works well for 2 people).
Sort, rinse and soak beans according to package directions.
Cover beans with at least one inch of cool fresh water. You may need to add more water as it cooks.
Cover pan and bring to a boil.
Add approximately 1/2 teaspoon of chicken base per serving.
Add ham (I used 1/2 of a nice Black Forest Ham Steak) and cook until ham can be shredded easily.Remove ham and shred by pulling between two forks.
Season beans with Mrs. Dash Table blend, salt and pepper to taste.
Cook until beans are tender and add ham back to soup.
If beans are too soupy for your taste, slowly add small amounts of instant potato flakes until desired consistency is achieved.
Serve with hot buttered corn bread. Yum!
t warmed up nicely today. The sun through the windows warmed us to the place that I needed to open the door and turn on a fan.
- IF YOU ENJOYED MY JOURNAL ENTRY, PLEASE CLICK THE LIKE BUTTON, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR FOLLOW.
- Thanks for stopping by.
- God bless and g’nite
Visit my other blogs
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 149 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!