2020 February 28 Friday in Liberty Hill, Texas
- Welcome to our daily journal! Send Mail to: TomAndEllaJournal@gmail.com
will take forty one degree mornings everyday instead of twenty nine degrees.
he pre-dawn sky had some color in it. However, it had pretty much disappeared by the time the sun arrived.
ill and Karen invited Ella and I to their home to play Fast Track today. We played for games in two hours. Karen and I were partners and we won all four games.
peaking of Fast Track, the three game boards, that Ella ordered from Duane, arrived today. They were sitting on the deck, when we arrived home.
I saw an ad today for a prescription medicine to help people whose eyelashes have stopped growing! There are people all over the world dying of all types of infectious diseases an. d we have a medication that helps when your eyelashes stop growing?
It makes me sick to think that I live in a society that cares more about peoples eyelashes than real people dying because of infectious diseases, starvation and crappy living conditions.
We are a nation of riches. We have an excess of ability, an excess of talent, an excess of wealth … and this is what we do with it?
No wonder Jesus said that it was easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.
This isn’t the American dream. This is the American nightmare.
- IF YOU ENJOYED MY JOURNAL ENTRY, PLEASE CLICK THE LIKE BUTTON, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR FOLLOW.
- Thanks for stopping by.
- God bless and g’nite
Visit my other blogs
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 149 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!