2020 February 29 Saturday in Liberty Hill, Texas
t was a great night for sleeping with the bedroom window slightly open. Both Ella and I sleep better when it’s cooler.
nother bright and warm sunrise. It also was another good educated guess by the weather bureau. The high today actually topped out at seventy one degrees
al-Mart sent Ella a text that she had two prescriptions ready. She did not feel like going to get them. So, I went alone. I also purchased milk, eggs, and bacon which we were out of or nearly out of.
Using the instapot to boil eggs for egg salad sandwiches took only four minutes. From the instapot to a bowl of cold water made them extremely easy to peel.
just finished watching three and a half hours the Batman from 1943
. It was stitched together from the cliffhanger movie serials (probably six to twelve). It made me realize how faithful Adam West and Burt Ward were to that old serial in reprising Batman and Robin for the television series.
nd then I discovered that there was an even older movie series from 1939, “Mystery Of The BAT-MAN.”
And it lists Bob Kane as the writer from which the script was adapted for the screen. Even though 12 films were ordered, only 6 were actually shot before the production company went out of business. And none of the six films were ever released to the theaters. Thank you YouTube creators for releasing episode number one
. It Is interesting to see Clark Kent, Commissioner & Barbara Gordon, and even a “nod” to The Shadow. This Bat-Man even wore and used his utility-belt. It is a shame that the 1939 version was never completed.
mazingly, the tiny town (population of about 200) where I lived as a child had a movie theater. Many Saturday afternoons were spent watching cliffhanger movies of Tarzan, Superman, Rocketman, and others. I have very found memories of those movies.
IF YOU ENJOYED MY JOURNAL ENTRY, PLEASE CLICK THE LIKE BUTTON, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR FOLLOW.
- Thanks for stopping by.
- God bless and g’nite
Visit my other blogs
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 150 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!
In the summer, Grandies also work to make available snack packs through Operation Liberty Hill for children who may not otherwise have enough food without a school in session. Additionally, they provide meals at Vacation Bible School. and host bake sales twice a year to raise funds for their important works.
Wednesdays, 9 a.m.
Currently meets at the OTHG building (3307 RR 1869)