2020 March 01 Sunday in Liberty Hill, Texas ell, it’s not a pretty sunrise. However, if you look closely enough, you may see some green leaves and white flowers on the trees, possibly a bee or more.astor John Saint’s sermon on “Lenten Discipline” was thirteen minutes of thought provoking insights, as well as a little church history.fter church we were invited to some friend’s home for lunch and games. Ella’s and my team lost both games. However, it gave us the chance to deliver two Fast Tracks games. One to each couple. The games were made by a friend in Iowa and shipped to us in Texas.ATTENTION! Everyone who does NOT know what Snopes.com is, raise your hand. Okay, put your hand down.Nobody can see you.
Now that you have self-identified yourself as gullible I have something that I need to tell you: People post things that are NOT true. Do NOT repost things that you’ve read on an internet site without verifying the validity of the claim. It is very easy to go to http://www.snopes.com and type in a few key words and the truth or fiction of a story.
In the very early days of the internet there was an email going around that claimed something like this, “Microsoft is conducting a study of their email system. If you receive and forward this email, Microsoft will reimburse you with $100.00.” The fact that it was so stupid to think that Microsoft (or anybody else) would pay you for forwarding an email did not keep people from doing it. I continued to see that email passed around for years and years.
PLEASE! Before you forward the latest piece of cr@p that you read … check to see if it is true.
Thanks for your time
he five o’clock clouds look pretty much the same as later. That’s a good thing because I wasn’t in a position to take photos later.Bedtime and still very warm.
- Welcome to our daily journal! Send Mail to: TomAndEllaJournal@gmail.com
- Thanks for stopping by.
- God bless and g’nite
Visit my other blogs
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 151 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!
- DP 5.56