2020 March 02 Monday in Liberty Hill, Texas HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY
t was warm last night. We slept with the bedroom window open. We had also changed our sheets from the fleece to the microfiber.
he view of the sky was, once again, as from under a pewter lid. Yesterday’s twenty mile per hour winds gusts have calmed to a pleasant breeze, like a lover’s breath upon your neck.
hile still in bed this morning I heard the sounds of “m-a-w m-a-w from outside my bedroom window.
It was not the panic cry of a lost child. It was the plaintive bleat of a goat. The park owners have three in a pen.
he goats are our nearest neighbours to the west. Though the goats are cordial enough, they no longer come to lunch as they did back in our first year here. In those days the critters roamed the entire property. I referred to them as the lawn care crew as ate their way around the lawns.
owever, one warm fall day, as we were having a lunch under the awning of our RV, one overly friendly goat climbed Ella’s lap and stared her in the face, as if begging for a bite of her sandwich.
I’ve often wondered what MadElla was mad about. But the answer was right there in front of me, parking. It kind of pisses me off too. People parking on the yellow striped spaces between handicap spaces angers me also.
unch at the senior center was fried potatoes, sausage patties, and French toast. The other way of saying that is, “Breakfast”.
upper was a creative use of leftover pork rib, rice, and beans. The rib meat was shredded then mixed with rice and beans, plus some shredded cheddar cheese. A dollop of sour cream and a little salsa. Warm some tortillas and “pesto changeo” an entirely new meal.
I spent a little time working on a business card. What do you think?
h yes at sundown, we are still stuck under that pewter lid. Tomorrow and Wednesday are predicted to have showers and/or storms.
- Thanks for stopping by.
- God bless and g’nite
Visit my other blogs
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 151 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!