2020 March 05 Thursday in Liberty Hill Texas
Welcome to our daily journal! Send Mail to: TomAndEllaJournal@gmail.com
hough we had heaters on overnight, I quickly turned them off this morning because it was seventy five degrees in the livingroom. That’s the temperature our air conditioner is set to come on.
ith the outside temperature predicted to be sixty nine and full sunshine, I had to close the shades to keep it from becoming too warm while we were at Over The Hill Gang this morning. There prediction was a little low as it reached seventy one this afternoon. And even with the shades draw shut, it was eighty degrees inside when we retired home. And, Yes, we turned the a/c on.
h what a beautiful morning,
Oh what a beautiful day,
I’ve got a wonderful feeling,
Everything’s going my way...
THROW BACK THURSDAY
from January 20121
We came to Texas with great expectations of feeding the birds and adding new ones to the list of those we’d seen. Well, the birds have enough to eat that they didn’t need to come begging at our door. For months the feeder hung there without being touched.
Then one day I realized that it was actually empty. We were so excited as we refilled it and made plans to be more watchful for what species of bird was visiting us. A few sparrows came, but not many. No noticeable activity.Then one morning I opened the door and found that five deer were eating from the bird feeder. I stopped putting feed in it. I really don’t want the deer to come knocking on my door demanding to be fed.A couple of days ago, I was sitting outside and realized that there were about a dozen cardinals in the tree next to us. I put more feed in the feeder and moved away from the feeder. The cardinals did come and visit but were more interested in the seed on the ground than what was in the feeder. That afternoon the deer came back and emptied the feeder. The next day, I noticed that the cardinals were back on the ground. The deer, being sloppy eaters, were spilling feed into the course gravel beneath the feeder. The deer would manage to eat some of the fallen seed but left most of it for the birds.
fter breakfast was over, and the dirty dishes stacked in the sink, we headed into Liberty Hill to the Over The Hill Gang for lunch. It was fried chicken day. Today Bush’s Chicken provided two large disposable pans of golden fried chicken. Chicken day is the most well attended Thursday of the whole month.
fter lunch we pushed a couple tables together so that six of us could play canasta. Lu, Nadine, Ella, and I often play cards at OTHG. Today Ira and Debby joined us.
he sunset was much like the sunrise. Perhaps there was a little more haze in the air at sundown than there was at sunup.
IF YOU ENJOYED MY JOURNAL ENTRY, PLEASE CLICK THE LIKE BUTTON, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR FOLLOW.
- Thanks for stopping by.
- God bless and g’nite
Visit my other blogs
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 183 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!