2020 March 08 Sunday in Liberty Hill Texas Welcome to our daily journal! Send Mail to: TomAndEllaJournal@gmail.com
ep, that is how the sky looked this morning. Another graveyard gray day. It would be more appropriate for Good Friday mourning than a Sunday morning.
astor John Saint of Cross Tracks Church, Liberty Hill, Texas, preaching “Pick Up Your Cross”
. Another thought provoking sermon.
fter 9 o’clock worship we went to our Sunday school class. Gary Bible is our teacher. But today he is sick. I started the discussion and attempted to keep it on track, but not very successfully..
nce we returned home from worship, Ella made chili in the crockpot. That meant it was close to 2 when we ate. The chili was nice and thick so we arte it in flour tortillas with some shredded cheddar.
his photo at 5:30 this afternoon looks just like the one taken just before 8 this morning.
or supper I made some special pancakes, butter pecan. It was awful complicated (not). I mixed a butter pecan cake mix to the directions for making a cake. However, instead of baking, I ladled them onto the griddle. I should have made a half or third or the mix. A whole box was too much for two old people too eat..IF
YOU ENJOYED MY JOURNAL ENTRY, PLEASE CLICK THE LIKE BUTTON, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR FOLLOW.
- Thanks for stopping by.
- God bless and g’nite
Visit my other blogs
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
http://armchairsermons.comAll content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 163 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!
In the summer, Grandies also work to make available snack packs through Operation Liberty Hill for children who may not otherwise have enough food without a school in session. Additionally, they provide meals at Vacation Bible School. and host bake sales twice a year to raise funds for their important works.
Wednesdays, 9 a.m.
Currently meets at the OTHG building (3307 RR 1869)
Austin red 135.95