Welcome to our daily journal! Send Mail to: TomAndEllaJournal@gmail.com
Day two of being self isolated because of the corona-virus.
t appears that the good news in the forecast is that our present temperature of fifty seven is as cool as it going to be today. The less exciting news is that the day’s high is only going to be seven degrees warmer than our present temperature.
he Weatherbug declares that it is cloudy. I have no reason to doubt that it is indeed cloudy . . . somewhere above the fog. It doesn’t appear to be very dense right here. I hope that we don’t discover, on our drive to Cross Tracks Church, that visibility is limited in some of the low spots in the road.
ross Tracks Church, Pastor John Saint’s sermon, “Spring Cleaning.” It was based on the Gospel of John chapter 2:13-22, where Jesus cleansed the temple.
More, Life in the
Time of COV19
ttendance was W A Y down at our first worship service today. You will also notice that people are keeping their distances. There were five things, that we normally do, that today we did not do.
- Great each other with a handshake, hug, and word of greeting.
- Pass the offering plates. Instead they were left on a table by the doors.
- Pass the attendance books. I’m assuming that someone just did a head count.
- We had no adult Sunday school. I don’t know about the children.
- We had no breakfast bar. There were donuts that were served by one person with tongs. Usually there are tacos, sausage & egg sandwiches, and a variety of self serve pastries.
More COV19 related.
told you yesterday that we decided that we would not attend Over The Hill Gang* until there was some resolution to this viral pandemic. I received an email stating that the OTHG will not be meeting until at least April.
had yesterday said that going to Grandies** and choir practice were still unknowns. Grandies is no longer an unknown. I received an email from them also stating that they are suspending meetings until at least April. No word about choir practice.
f you will recall, Friday we attended the 50+ soup and salad lunch. Since attendance was far less than expected, they were giving leftover soup and salad to take home. We decided to forego the salad but did bring home soup. Today, for lunch, I dumped that soup into the Instapot, added some water, and some dumplings, then set the machine on the “soup” setting and let it go. I could have heated it faster in the microwave, but that would not have cooked the dumplings.
s I discovered, pressure cooking dumplings is not the best method. It made them very dense balls of cooked dough. There still tasted good but had to be cut into smaller pieces.
ix thirty and it is still fairly light. However it is also still overcast and foggy.
God bless and g’nite.
IF YOU ENJOY OUR JOURNAL, LIKE, COMMENT, AND/OR FOLLOW. Also see our Facebook page.
- Visit my devotions blog. New devotions every day (nearly)
http:www.musings devotions.WordPress.comMy NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
Day 167 in Texas
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!