Welcome, family and friends, to Our Daily Journal, a remembrance for us, and a point of contact for you. Share it with your friends.
- “Highest heat index readings up to 105° early before midnight.” What? Daytime high near 105°. Okay, I get that. But 105° heat index at night? How?
- I just realized that it has been over 5 months of being mostly isolated. 150+ days without gathering for a conversation, meal, and/or games. 5 plus months without a hug from family and friends.
- Humans, by nature and design, are social creatures. Even the antisocial people are social enough to seek like-minded groups. This it’s why solitary confinement is so feared of a punishment in our penal system.
- I’m so grateful that Ella and I are in this together. I shudder to think how I would be handling this alone. My heart and prayers go out to some of our elderly friends, who are alone during this time. What is within my power – within your power – to make this easier for others to bear?
- Once again Ella and I spent time studying and discussing the ideas presented within the covers of this book. There it’s so much, particularly in chapter 14, that begs further thought and discussion. We don’t cover more than a few pages or paragraphs at a time. It really helps to clarify our own understanding about the inspiration out the words I or bible. It is a book that I highly recommend to any thinking person, if you are willing to read it completely.
We were invited to Arik and Jenny’s for supper. While there, we made tentative plans for them to drive us to Iowa in September. It would be for the purpose of getting rid of all of the stuff in our storage units. They would save us some money monthly. They would need to take 5 days off work. It outs a days drive one way. That means we would have only 3 days to clear out years and years of accumulated “stuff”.
Thanks again for stopping by. Share this with your friends. See y’all again tomorrow. Stay safe. Remember, we love you.
- God bless and g’day.
If you enjoy our journal: comment, like, and follow. Also see our Facebook page and our new Instagram page. Just search for “Tom and Ella Journal.”
My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- ©2020 Thomas E. Williams