Welcome, family and friends, to our daily journal. Share it with your friends. It is a way of remembrance for us and a point of connection for you.
- Pretty much a carbon copy of yesterday. Now there is a term that is several generations out of date. Is there anyone who still uses actual carbon paper?
- Sorry kids but you won’t understand the rest of this section, so you might want to skip ahead to the next bullet point. One of my duties in the military was to type (yes an actual typewriter – manually – not electric. >>I told you kids to skip ahead. Go<<) These documents that I typed had to have seven copies. Once they were typed and secured in a safe, the Lieutenant and I took the carbon papers and the typewriter ribbons to the motorpool and burned them.
- Yep, the sun came up again! Or more correctly, our portion of the earth rotated to face the sun again!
- The celestial mechanics appear to be unaffected by what plagues humankind.
- Ella enjoying the early morning sunshine from our porch.
- While she was admiring the vibrant greens and gilded yellows, I hash browned potatoes and fried bacon.
- Ella had made a10:30 appointment at an apartment complex. For what? I’m not sure. Apparently for the manager to tell is we are number 136th on the list.
We stood on line to vote. However, when we got in, they couldn’t find us in the system (yet). So we will return in one week, and try again. Come on yard signs, you’ve got another week to sway me to one side or the other. I wish it was possible to vote a straight ticket for “None Of The Above.”
Since we were out and about on a gorgeous day, and because we’ve made a lot of short trips (which don’t allow the battery to recharge), we took a long aimless meandering drive.
This isn’t exactly a micro flower. However, it it’s a small new growth. I hope you’ll forgive me for not useing my hand as a size reference – just this one time.
God bless and g‘day.
If you enjoy our journal: comment, like, and follow. see our Facebook page and our new Instagram page. Just search for “Tom and Ella Journal.”
My sermons blog Armchair Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- ©2020 Thomas E. Williamswh