2020 February 15 Saturday in Liberty Hill, Texas http://TomAndEllaJournal.WordPress.com
managed to go to sleep earlier, but I also woke earlier. Net gain zero. Seven hours of sleep just is not enough, despite reports that say “seniors” only need seven to eight hours a night. I’m feeling the need for more.
ore hazy skies with which to contend today. I am beginning to really miss those deep blue skies that we associate with Texas.
omewhere in the eastern sky, the sun is stoking its furnace in preparation for it’s day long crawl across the sky.
he sun has risen. That’s a good start. Now, let’s see if it can burn through the haze.
ell, the haze was replaced by (or joined by) a layer of blanketing clouds. The above picture was taken at 10:36 a.m. and the one below at 3:10 p.m. Not a lot of change throughout the day. I guess the sun was not stoked hot enough after all.
lla and I played three rounds of Fast Track this morning. She beat me all three times. In the afternoon we play twice more in which she only beat me once.
IN THE BEGINNING part 2
For about three years prior to the cancer incident, we had begun looking at travel trailers, motor-homes, and fifth-wheels. We had pretty good ideas about what we wanted for when we retired. It had to be a full four season RV with a decent kitchen area and lots of closet space. The type of RV was something on which we had not come to agreement.
The same weekend that we bought the truck we also bought a used 1991 Road Ranger 35Y fifth-wheel manufactured by K.I.T. Nearly 37 feet long with an ample galley kitchen and lots of storage space, it was very nearly what we had been envisioning. It was not a full four season trailer. However, this was only to be our ‘first’ trailer and not the one we retired into.
hortly after six o’clock three sun dropped below the horizon and at the same time, below the clouds. So to recap, sunshine at sunrise and some sun at sunset.
- IF YOU ENJOYED MY JOURNAL ENTRY, PLEASE CLICK THE LIKE BUTTON, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR FOLLOW.
- Thanks for stopping by.
- God bless and g’nite
Visit my other blogs
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 137 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!