2020 February 14 Friday in Liberty Hill, Texas http://TomAndEllaJournal.WordPress.com
azy cold? Crazy cold. Much colder than the weather men/women predicted. Much colder than I was prepared for.
unrise. I told you a few days back that it wouldn’t be long until the dim would rise behind that danged power pole. Well, tah duh!
rom Facebook. I saw this word search on Facebook. They didn’t want you to post the answer. They just wanted it reposted. I don’t do that. But I just wanted to prove that I could solve it.
ingo was the name of the game at the Georgetown senior center. They just decorated the center for Saint Valentine’s day.
ttendance was still a little off. But, those of us that were there, had a good time.
izza sounded good tonight. Rather than cook, I ordered a Domino’s pie for supper.
There was a little color in this evening’s sky.
IN THE BEGINNING part 1
The genesis of this story goes back a long time. I’m not sure of the exact year when it happened but I know that it was at least a decade ago, maybe closer to two. (Keep in mind that this was published 2012) The company, for which I was then working, added a new benefit to our package. The new benefit was the chance to purchase Cancer Insurance at a discount. It was set up so that my wife and I would both be covered. It was for a one-time payout if either of us was ever diagnosed with cancer. Because cancer has eaten away at both sides of our family, it seemed like a good idea to take the policy.
- IF YOU ENJOYED MY JOURNAL ENTRY, PLEASE CLICK THE LIKE BUTTON, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR FOLLOW.
- Thanks for stopping by.
- God bless and g’nite
Visit my other blogs
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 134 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!