2020 February 08 Saturday in Liberty Hill, Texas http://TomAndEllaJournal.WordPress.comot as much sleep as I had hoped for, but it gave me a chance to view the moon.There was no worry of our water supply freezing again last night. And with the sky so clear It should warm nicely today.couldn’t see any stars but the full moon was so bright that all the werewolves must have been restless over night. I really need to stop watching old horror films.he sun came up nice and bright. I had hoped of another sunny day with passive solar heating.owever, look at that bank of dark clouds coming up from the south. They are moving like they’re being chased by the devil himself.nd a few moments latter, the clouds caught up to the sun and swallowed it whole. I hope they developed heart burn.few of us gathered to bag cookies for the annual Grandies** Valentine’s Day cookie sale at church. It only took about twenty minutes for three of us to split about twelve dozen cookies into bags of two each. This is one of several fund raisers for our group. It suit supports our ministries.nce again it was laundry day. Three washer loads and two dryers. As usual I took a short nap while Ella kept an eye on the laundry.fter the clothes were washed, mostly folded, and packed away for transport home, it was time for lunch. We couldn’t decide on what to eat. When undecided, go to a buffet. We went to Star Buffet.fter a leisurely lunch, we headed toward home. We didn’t get far before we were turned around by the police. Traffic was stopped at a railroad crossing. Other than the fact that the gates were down and the lights flashing at the crossing, we couldn’t see anything. We got turned around but we were in very heavy stop and go traffic for a half hour to forty five minutes before we reached a place where we could resume normal speed. I don’t suppose we will ever mote what was going on.progression toward sunset with fast moving clouds. It made for some interesting photographs.IF YOU ENJOYED MY JOURNAL ENTRY, PLEASE CLICK THE LIKE BUTTON, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR FOLLOW.
- Thanks for stopping by.
- God bless and g’nite
Visit my other blog
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 130 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!