2020 February 22 Saturday in Liberty Hill, Texas http://www.tomandellajournal.commailto:TomAndEllaJournal@gmail.comight after midnight, I went to sleep and slept straight through until about quarter after seven. “Let me have men about me that are fat, Sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. (Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar, act 1, scene 2) I am a fat, sleek-headed man who, on occasion, sleeps a-night.orty two degrees is better than thirty two degrees and partly cloudy is better than completely cloudy, so it’s a good day. It’s a good day for saying, “It’s a good day!”t was also a good day for a sunrise photograph. Now, I’ll admit that I adjusted the color slightly but it sure is pretty.Wash day has come again! As I think back to my childhood, I remember what a big deal things like “perma press and wash and wear” were. Just imagine never having to iron clothes ever again. Why haven’t we developed clothing that never needs washing? Levi’s CEO and President Chip Bergh first hit headlines in 2014 when he admitted he hadn’t ever washed his decade-old favourite pair of jeans. (Read more here) I wonder if we should be doing more spot cleaning and less drowning our clothing in chemicals, detergents, and gallons of water. I don’t have a answer, just questions.f you haven’t read “The Beginning Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7″ you should read it first for a1 fuller understanding.(Go to “2020 February 14 Thursday”)
Now we are left with the possibility of moveing all of our belongings from the RoadRanger (RR) to the HitchHiker (HH) when we had planned to only move a portion of them. Then we needed to make plans to either tow the HH to Texas AND BACK or to purchase yet another different RV.There are other options also such as renting a place to stay, abandoning the idea of moving with the seasons or …. ? We’ll just have to see what God has in store for us.For now we are settled in for another Iowa winter in our new home, the HH. We have already had our first snow of the season. One to five inches of very heavy, wet snow that took down trees and power lines as well as snarled traffic with accidents.
(to be continued)
captured some nice looking photographs before the sun disappeared for the night.
t looks like my plan to lose weight by not changing anything may be working. Grin.Remember you can also email me. mailto:TomAndEllaJournal@gmail.com
- IF YOU ENJOYED MY JOURNAL ENTRY, PLEASE CLICK THE LIKE BUTTON, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR FOLLOW.
- Thanks for stopping by.
- God bless and g’nite
Visit my other blogs
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 144 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!