2020 February 10 Monday in Liberty Hill, Texas http://TomAndEllaJournal.WordPress.com
didn’t even bother taking a sunrise photo. This is looking west and it shows the same overcast sky but has better scenery. A rain shower past through before we were out of bed this morning.
e had fries with our breakfast. We also had some fry bread with sugar and cinnamon.
ust so you don’t think that all we had for breakfast was fries and bread, we also had bacon and eggs.
he drive to the Georgetown senior center it’s a fairly straight road and most of it is sixty five miles per hour. And no, it didn’t take an hour, eleven minutes, and twenty six seconds to get there. I just forgot to stop the tracker app when we arrived.
e took our Fast Track game with us to the center. We had hoped that someone would join us in a game. So far that has not happened. Ella and I played five games. I won the first three and sure won the final two.
here were about a dozen there for lunch today. Lunch was beef tacos, beans, and baked apples. The cooks made a special plate for me that was made without onions, to which I am dangerously allergic.
rom the center in Georgetown we went to Wal-Mart in Cedar Park to get Ella’s prescriptions. Both of us took time yesterday to refill our pill sorters. Both of us had enough for one week’s worth of pills but not enough to fill the rest of our sorters. She ordered hers and we picked them up today. I ordered mine through the VA and will receive them sometime in the near (I hope) future. There is one pain pill that I take three times a day that I have a ten day supply of. Those have no refill available. I’ll contact my VA doctor to see if she will do a refill without an office visit.
I have been thinking about my grandfather.
There are some things that I remember and there are some things that I know about my grandfather. My memories of my gran’pa are few. He was in his nineties when I was born, so I remember him as a frail old man who had big gaps in his memory.
- IF YOU ENJOYED MY JOURNAL ENTRY, PLEASE CLICK THE LIKE BUTTON, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR FOLLOW.
- Thanks for stopping by.
- God bless and g’nite
Visit my other blogs
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 131 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!