2020 January 28 Tuesday in Liberty Hill, Texas
loudy isn’t quite right. It is foggy. It rained overnight, not much, but enough to leave some puddles. I believe the fog is due to the rain not removing all of the moisture from the air.
ith the clouds and the fog in the air, there was no sunrise today.
ight around ten o’clock the sun began playing peek-a-boo. It would show through for a few minutes and then crawl back under the blanket of clouds.
Today we went to the senior center in Leander for lunch. It is really sad to see it under used. It used to be so busy that occasionally they had to turn people away because there wasn’t enough room. Today there were only five including Ella and me. If It weren’t for the fact that the Meals On Wheels and Head Start lunches are prepared here, this facility would probably be closed down.
argarita’s, a local restaurant, was helping with a fundraiser for our church’s restoration of the 150 year old chapel. By presenting a coupon, the restaurant is donating 20% of the bill to the fund. Tonight only and from 4 to 9. Not surprising that, a lot of our friends were there tonight.
God bless and g’nite
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 121 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!