2020 February 01 Saturday in Liberty Hill, Texas
Clear skies do two things for us in our Texas home. They bring that nice, bright, and hot sunshine, which, as it passes through my windows, turns into heat. That solar heat diminishes our energy consumption and our bills. Our electric bill was only $94 for the month of January. The second effect of the clear sky is at night the temperature drops quickly. With no cloud cover, most of the day’s heat escapes into space.
hough I didn’t sleep overly long, I woke, not because of an alarm, but because I had slept enough. I was rested. That is not to say that I had a particularly restful sleep. I had wild dreams.
hesitate to say that in my dream, the police were searching for a missing man. I knew exactly where he was because I had buried the body. I hadn’t killed him, but for some reason I had buried him and the police were beginning to dig in the general area where the body was buried. I was trying to decide how I was going to react when I was told the he was found. I’ve got to stop watching murder mysteries.
or breakfast/brunch I made hash browns, eggs, fried spam strips, grapefruit, kiwis, and toasted English muffins. What do they call English muffins in England? Muffins? If they call them muffins, what do they call the things that we call muffins?
t is my stepson John’s birthday🎂. On top of his day job, he owns a snow removal company in Iowa. That has kept him very busy this year.
I love home made egg noodles. And the only way to get home made noodles is for me to make them. It’s so easy too. An egg and a small amount of water, stir in flour a little at a time until it forms a ball that stays together and cleans the sides of the bowl. Flatten the ball on a floured hard surface. Use a roller if you wish. However, I like thicker noodles, so I just use my hands. Cut into strips and suddenly you have noodles. Ta Dah!
Bring some chicken broth to a boil. No broth? Water and bullion or better yet, water and Better Than Bullion Soup Starter. Chicken. You must have chicken in chicken and noodles. It’s right there in the name. I don’t care where the chicken comes from: boil your own whole or parts, de-skin and de-bone, left over rotisserie chicken from the delicatessen or like me, use canned.
IF YOU LIKE MY BLOG, PLEASE HIT THE LIKE BUTTON AND MAYBE LEAVE A COMMENT.God bless and g’nite
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 124 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!