2020 February 04 Tuesday in Liberty Hill, Texas Our main daily journal is at http://TomAndEllaJournal.WordPress.comleep came softly on little cat feet and purred warmly on my chest throughout the night. Which is strange because we have no cat nor kitten.ixty one degrees is the luxury to which we woke today. It reached a nice seventy two degrees with an eleven mph breeze. Tomorrow’s predicted high is forty one and then down to twenty nine.I received this message from the leader of our Grandies** group.“All Grandies, The weather predicted for tonight and tomorrow morning looks pretty bad. So I am calling off Grandies. … Stay in and keep warm. Some predictions are calling for snow. Ha! Ha! Ha! We will see. But they did say tonight it will blow in around 9:00 PM and it will be cold, rainy, and thunder storms with possible hail. So curl up and stay warm.”Choir practice for tomorrow night has also been cancelled.his sunrise was slightly odd this morning with the glow beneath but not around the sun. I really like that it looks a little abstract or impressionistic. Iggy my hands weren’t so shaking. Out love to paint it.e had about a dozen for lunch at the Georgetown senior center. Let me rephrase that, there were a dozen or more in attendance for lunch. Lunch consisted of chicken fried steak, asparagus, mashed potatoes with gravy, and mixed fruit.efore lunch we had a special speaker from the Texas Consumer Protection Agency. She told about the many schemes and scams to watch for. Many of them target older folks, like us. She also gave tips on what to do if we’ve been the target of a scam.WOW YOU DON’T EVEN
Ella found this description for a typewriter in a current catalog.“Royal 11” Portable Manual Typewriter. Get “office-type” jobs (like making labels or addressing envelopes) done quickly and easily without the added complication of using a PC. Full QWERTY keyboard, margin set and release and 1-, 1.5- and 2-line spacing. Other features include paper release lever and guide, and carriage return. Two-color print selection (black and red) and stencil. Includes hard-shell.”
And it even even cuts stencils!Raise your hand if you remember cutting stencils for a mimeograph? Or better yet, leave a comment. I can still remember the smell of the printed pages as they came off of the machine. Yep, I know, no one under 50 knows what I’m talking about.
or supper tonight I made spaghetti and meatballs. I made the meatballs about the size of ping pong balls.I’m glad I took these photos of the afternoon sky. If I had waited until sunset it would have only been a picture of a dark gray sky with no sun to be seen.IF YOU ENJOYED MY JOURNAL ENTRY, PLEASE CLICK THE LIKE BUTTON, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR FOLLOW.Thanks for stopping by.God bless and g’nite
Visit my other blogs
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 126 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!