2020 February 05 Wednesday in Liberty Hill, Texas http://TomAndEllaJournal.WordPress.com
hirty three degrees with very wintery clouds in the sky. Our Grandies** meeting was cancelled in fear of the predicted storm. However, as the day wore on, it became evident that, other than cold, windy, and nasty looking, the storm never came. Choir for this evening was un-canceled.
lla wrote: “I guess Texas is trying to compete with Iowa today. Our temperature is 33. We haven’t seem the snow or sleet but but then we weren’t out looking for it. We’ve stayed in all day. Grandies didn’t meet today since it was so cold. At 73 we are still the kids of the group. We do have choir practice tonight so we will be getting out then. I’ll have to put on my heavy coat for the first time this winter.”
f you think this shot of the sunrise is dismal, wait until you see the sunset photograph.
ith our normal Wednesday activities cancelled, we stayed home and did little or nothing nothing. I know, makes for an exciting post, right?
kay, I did accomplish a few things today. I made homemade beef and barley soup. It was quite good, if I do say so myself.
lso I wrote a sermon and have it set to automatically post a few Sundays from now. I will probably work on it some more before it posts. I also wrote a Musing Devotion for tomorrow.
warned you at the top of this post that the sunset photo was worse than the sunrise.
managed this photograph of the chapel ad we were leaving after choir practice.IF YOU ENJOYED MY JOURNAL ENTRY, PLEASE CLICK THE LIKE BUTTON, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR FOLLOW.Thanks for stopping by.God bless and g’nite
Visit my other blogs
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 127 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!