2020 February 11 Tuesday in Liberty Hill, Texas http://TomAndEllaJournal.WordPress.com
ook at that! I actually went to sleep before midnight. I got in eight and a half hours of mostly uninterrupted sleep. It felt good to lie under the covers and listen to the rainfall on the roof. However, I needed to make a phonecall. I went to the living room so as to not make my bride.
asty cold and rain, seems like a good day to stay home, dry and warm. To that end I called the senior center and cancelled out reservation for today. Part of that cancellation was due to the menu for today, Cod Vera Cruz, which is made with onions. If you are new to this blog, understand that I am dangerously allergic to onions. They make my lips and throat swell to life threatening levels.
othing but gray skies and puddles. Sounds like a country western song doesn’t it? 🎼 I’ve got nothing but gray skies, since you’ve been gone. I’ve cried puddles of tears since, you went away 🎶. Yep. I think that could be a number one hit on the country charts.
t is a great day to have a fire in the fireplace (even if it is only electric). It still gives off heat and even though I know that the flames are not real, they are still as mesmerizing as real flames.
aking scalloped potatoes and ham for lunch. I used a combination of our Instapot and oven. Things were prepared separately in the Instapot and then combined and baked in the oven. It seemed like a good day to have the oven on also.
long with the scalloped potatoes and ham, I mixed some soda bread together also. I’ve been wanting soda bread and didn’t want to wait for Saint Patrick’s Day. Plus, I already had the oven heated.
I just sat down after clearing away the dishes and leftovers from lunch, and I realized that I didn’t photograph the finished products. Where is my TARDIS when I really need it?
ell, I took this photograph of the soda bread even though it has been torn apart.
Again no sunset photo.It was too dark at “sunset”.
- IF YOU ENJOYED MY JOURNAL ENTRY, PLEASE CLICK THE LIKE BUTTON, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR FOLLOW.
- Thanks for stopping by.
- God bless and g’nite
Visit my other blogs
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 132 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!