2020 February 13 Thursday in Liberty Hill, Texas http://TomAndEllaJournal.WordPress.comthink I’m getting the hang of this going – to – sleep – before – midnight thing. Now if I can get it backed down to closer to ten.kay, not warm, but above freezing and sunny. Sunny? Really? Sunny?oes this look like SUNNY to you? Yeah, me neither. Sometime around noon it truly did become full sunshine. However, I’ll take our Texas weather over that of our summer home in Iowa where the actually temperature is ten degrees BELOW freezing.hen add in winds of fifteen to twenty miles per hour. That creates a wind chill of thirty six below freezing. I’m glad to be in Texas today.
from 2015 – childcare with grandkids
- We were to pick up Beket and then wait for Sofia to finish her music lesson. However, she had forgotten her violin at home and so wasn’t able to stay and practice. So we actually got them home a little sooner than expected. That was a good thing because their mother had left quite a long list of things for Sofia to do.
- It seems that she has not been doing all of her homework. So, now she has extra work to do. Plus it was her night to empty the dishwasher and then fill it with dirty dishes. For both kids, this can be an hour long process! As it was, she didn’t even get started on the dishes until her mother got home.
- Also she had a melt down over some math story problems that she didn’t understand. I told her to skip those for the time being and work on the problems that she did understand. So much drama! Can’t wait until she is a teenager.
(UPDATE: she is a teenager and learning to drive. Yikes!)unch thursday at OTHG was meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, pinto beans, green beans, salad, peaches, cottage cheese, and a variety of desserts.After lunch we played canasta.ap time at the Williams household. As soon a w arrived home from the OTHG, I swallowed a dose of Nyquil, dropped the recliner into full recliner, and took a nap. Shortly after I awakened, Ella went into nap mode.made some banana flavored pudding and sprinkled Graham cracker crumbs over it to make a sort of upside down pie.Not much of a sunset tonight.
- IF YOU ENJOYED MY JOURNAL ENTRY, PLEASE CLICK THE LIKE BUTTON, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR FOLLOW.
- Thanks for stopping by.
- God bless and g’nite
Visit my other blogs
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 134 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!