Welcome, family and friends, to our daily journal. Share it with your friends. It is a way of remembrance for us and a point of contact for you.
Normally our breezes here run 5-10mph. So today is breezier with some real winds at 25mph.
- It was a but chilly this morning, but we opened the door anyway. We just dressed warmer. It’s so nice to have fresh air and to be able to watch what is going on outside.
- Too long this summer, we sat in front of an air conditioner with the windows covered in sun reflecting insulation. Ella raids she felt as though we were living in a cave. We had plenty of L.E.D. lights on, so it wasn’t dark, it was just that closed in feeling.
Sol has gone away. Ain’t no sunshine when he’s gone. Duh!🎶Ain’t no sunshine when (s)he’s gone
It’s not warm when (s)he’s away
Ain’t no sunshine when (s)he’s gone
And (s)he’s always gone too long
Anytime (s)he goes away. 🎶
Songwriters: Bill Withers “Ain’t No Sunshine” lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group
- We had plans to go to Arik and Jenny’s today. Adam and Leigha were also going to be there. However, Jenny sent is a text message saying, “I was in staffing for a very critical covid positive patient thursday. I was in all proper ppe but wanted y’all to be aware in case you didn’t want to come over today. … Happy to still have you over but wanted you to know about that and exposure and let you decide.”
- We replied, ‘I believe we will err on the side of caution and stay home – or maybe buy groceries.“
- So I ordered groceries for pickup at three o’clock.
- Spaghetti was our lunch meal. I heated water in the Instapot for the noodles. At the sometime I heated the sauce by setting a pan on a trivet in the water. The pan is actually a steamer basket lined with foil, because I had no pans of that size.
- After a quick cleanup of the dishes, it was time to head to Wal-Mart.
- I hardly had the truck doors open before the groceries arrived.
- The remainder of the day was spent reading, studying, writing, and watching TV (Amazon Prime) and YouTube.
- God bless and g‘day.
If you enjoy our journal: comment, like, and follow. see our Facebook page and our new Instagram page. Just search for “Tom and Ella Journal.”
My sermons blog Armchair Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- ©2020 Thomas E. Williams