Welcome, family and friends, to our daily journal. Share it with your friends. It is a way of remembrance for us and a point of contact for you.
Brrrr! Again I say Brrrr! It dropped below freezing for the first time this season.Tonight it’s predicted to drop to 22°. That’s plenty cold for me.
- Though it was a cold morning, the sun was shining. Santa had the day off, so Ella and I went for a long aimless drive. About 1:30 we drove through KFC/Long John Silvers in Marble Falls for lunch.
- The truck signaled it was low on coolant so we took our fish lunch to the nearby Wal-Mart parking lot where we ate. Having finished lunch, we went in Wal-Mart for coolant.
- I also purchased a pain patch for my shoulder. I had mentioned a while back that all the waving, I do on the set, has been causing my shoulder and neck to hurt.
- Ella also went into the store to buy bacon. Which she did, along with a few other items. So altogether it came to $75.
- Ella hasn’t been in a store for a long time. We have been ordering online for curbside pickup. There it’s no impulse buying online.
- As we were getting back in the truck, I heard, “How ya doin’, Santa?” I turned around and saw a man with a long white beard. I asked how his season was doing. He said that the was going some mall work. I said I was also, at Lakeline Mall in Cedar Park. He said, “I know someone there. Williams …” His wife said, “Tom.” To which I replied, “I’m Tom Williams.” He said, “I’m Wade Burleigh.”
- We had met several years ago, chatted on Facebook and the phone a few times since. I looked at him and said, “You all (Santas) look alike to me. We laughed and said our good byes.
- When we returned home, I took nap. Now that’s a good day off.
- IF YOU ENJOY OUR JOURNAL, LIKE, COMMENT, AND/OR FOLLOW
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams