Welcome, family and friends, to our daily journal. Share it with your friends. It is a way of remembrance for us and a point of contact for you.
Rather than a sunrise photo, I decided to capture the sun as it shined through the trees and cast shadow on the drapes.
Today was communion Sunday. Because there is no in person worship at the moment, communion packets were provided for every one.
It was also the 2nd Sunday in Advent, so each family lit the 1st and 2nd candle that were provided for us.
- Today was a short day for Santa at the mall. I worked 12 to 3 and Aaron worked 3 to 6. It was also a pretty full day of photo shoots. I believe that we had 17 scheduled and worked in some unscheduled also plus those who just came to visit Ann’s not take pictures.
- Ella spent the day at church. I dropped her off about quarter to eleven, I then went on to work. While I spent the day with children, Ella sat in the foyer of the church for collection Sunday. We collect food and miscellaneous items for the food pantry/thrift store. We also collect aluminum cans. The cans are sold to a metal reclamation center (junk yard) and the money helps fund one of our missions. The collection was from 2 to 4.
- Since I was off at three, after changing from Santa to Tom,and driving the half hour or so from mall to church, I was in time to gather up my bride and a garbage bag full of cans.
- With neither of us home today, no warm and hearty lunch/supper awaited us when we arrived. Neither of us felt like doing something as complicated as heating a frozen pizza, we ate cold cereal with sliced strawberries and bananas. Possibly a healthier choice.
IF YOU ENJOY OUR JOURNAL, LIKE, COMMENT, AND/OR FOLLOW
http://armchairsermons.com My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams