Welcome, family and friends, to Our Daily Journal, a remembrance for us, and a point of contact for you.
Share it with your friends.
- This morning, while waiting for my bride to sever the silky threads of slumber that held her fastened to our bed, I played several games of sudoku. I won each of the expert level games without error and in quick enough time to win 3 stars for each game.
- Hash sounded good to me today. I attempt to give some variation to our morning meal. The standard breakfast for Ella and I is 1 egg, 1 slice of crisp bacon, and 1 slice of toast. Yesterday we had cinnamon sugar oatmeal. Today we had the hash, scrambled eggs, and a fried biscuit (think fry bread).
- If you will recall, yesterday I made a semblance of refried beans by mashing a can of Van Camps pork and beans. Before I mashed them, I drained them of most of the liquid. (I was somewhat shocked to discover that there was more liquid than beans.)
- Being a waste-not want-not kinda guy, I saved that juice. It was full of flavor, after all. Today, I put that bean juice into the instapot along with a can of mixed veggies, and a can of chunk chicken breast. Once it was good and hot, I added some drop dumplings and let it cook until the dumplings were solid.
- By the way, the dumplings were made by adding enough Krusteaz pancake mix to one beaten egg to make a sticky batter. Not only am I a waste-not kind of guy, I’m also a quick and easy guy.
- We made a not so quick trip (1hour) into cedar cedar Park for Ella medications. And took the longer way home. In our family, this ours know as “a Granpa Wilson shortcut” in memory of Darrel Wilson who could find the longest route and argue that or was a shorter route.
Thanks again for stopping by. Share this with your friends. See y’all again tomorrow. Stay safe. Remember, we love you.
- God bless and g’day.
If you enjoy our journal: comment, like, and follow. Also see our Facebook page and our new Instagram page. Just search for “Tom and Ella Journal.”
My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- ©2020 Thomas E. Williams