Monday (re edited)
Welcome, family and friends, to Our Daily Journal, a remembrance for us, and a point of contact for you.
Share it with your friends.
Monday a derecho (Inland hurricane) swept through 9 states in the Midwest. It also created localized tornadoes and flooding
Unusually powerful storms with winds exceeding 100 miles per hour ripped through parts of the Midwest on Monday, knocking out power for about one million customers, downing countless trees and utility poles and flipping cars as they crossed several states within several hours.
Two deaths and countless injuries were caused by this great moving storm.
In addition to homes, vehicles, properties, and business damaged or destroyed, 10 million acres of Iowa farmland was flatted Monday during the derecho.
Many of our family and friends were effected by the storm.
- Awake at 4:30. Went back to sleep. Awake at 5:30. Went back to sleep. Awake at 6:30. Gave up. Got up. Made a fresh pot of coffee for my bride. Prepared pancake batter and left it to leaven until she was up and ready for breakfast.
- I’ve been taking stock of dresser, cupboard, and fridge for the last couple of days. I transferred the reorder list to the Wal-Mart app and then placed the order for drive-up pick-up.
- Soup for lunch. I added about a 1/4 cup or less of dry lentils, rice, and barley into the instapot. Then I added the juice from a can of stewed tomatoes. The tomatoes I diced before adding to the pot. A tablespoon of Italian herbs, a pinch of salt, a shake or two of seasoned salt. A teaspoon of black pepper, a heaping tablespoon of dried, powdered, mixed greens, and a tablespoon of beef flavored Better Than Bullion soup starter. Finally about an additional inch of water. Pressure cooked 20 minutes. Served with a dollop of butter.
- A Wal-Mart grocery run this afternoon got our perishables restocked. We also topped off some other supplies while we we’re at it. I hope it lasts through the end of the month.
- My eye glasses dipped a little too far into the bank account. More than I had planned on. Trying to conserve until next payday.
Does that sun look fake to you? It looks fake to me. It looks like the fake sun from the Truman Show. I’m checking for hidden mics and behind every mirror before bed. Hmm, maybe this self isolation is beginning to get to me.How are y’all doing? If you’re one who has been able to stay at work, or return to work, how has that process been working for you? If you have not been able to work, other than money, what’s been your biggest challenge? We’re all in this together. That is unless I really am trapped in an episode of the Truman Show.Thanks again for stopping by. Share this with your friends. See y’all again tomorrow. Stay safe. Remember, we love you.
- God bless and g’day.
If you enjoy our journal: comment, like, and follow. Also see our Facebook page and our new Instagram page. Just search for “Tom and Ella Journal.”
My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- ©2020 Thomas E. Williams