Welcome, family and friends, to Our Daily Journal, a remembrance for us, and a point of contact for you. Share it with your friends.
- We attempted to”go” to church this morning by streaming it live. At first there wasn’t any sound. They fixed the sound, after a while. However, partway into the sermon, it closed the feed. Better luck next time.
- Evidently, the computer received an update during the service and went through shut down and reboot. But I could be wrong because, as my mother uttered to say, “I’ve already told you more than I know.”
- It reached 101° which wasn’t that great of a feat considering it only “cooled off” to 81° over night. The heat index reached 111°. The heat advisory is set to expire at 7 tonight. Perhaps it will get down into the 70s by tomorrow morning.
- We are planning a road trip for September 5-9. Arik and Jenny will drive us up and back so that we will not have to stay in a motel.
- The purpose of the trip is to empty our two storage units. For about 10 years, we’ve been paying to store things that we obviously do not need. However, Ella has emotional bonds to some out these things. Were it left to me, it could all go to Salvation Army or trash.
- If you will be in the Des Moines area September 6, 7, or 8, stop by Capital City Mini Storage, 4455 Southeast Capitol Circle Grimes, IA and give us a hand – and carry away as much as you want.
- Bring a truck, take stuff to keep, donate, or trash. Please. We only have a couple of days before we HAVE TO RETURN TO TEXAS. Arik and Jenny have to return to work.
- This doesn’t look good for myself and other jolly old men in red suits. It also doesn’t look good for kids and parents. It doesn’t look good for malls, at all.
Thanks again for stopping by. Share this with your friends. See y’all again tomorrow. Stay safe. Remember, we love you.
- God bless and g’day.
If you enjoy our journal: comment, like, and follow. Also see our Facebook page and our new Instagram page. Just search for “Tom and Ella Journal.”
My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- ©2020 Thomas E. Williams