Sat 3:58 AM to Sat 8:00 PM
URGENT – WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service Austin/San Antonio TX 358 AM CDT Sat Aug 29 2020
You know that it is going to be a rough day when the heat advisory starts at three fifty eight in the morning before the sun even rises!
Welcome, family and friends, to Our Daily Journal, a remembrance for us and a point of connection for you.
- High around 103° with heat index of 110° and Ella says we need to straighten out the short, metal shed in our yard. Sure. Why not go ahead and climb into the oven?
- As it turned out, we did NOT do anything about the shed today. The time spent at Jenny’s (see below) took longer than expected.
Another indicator of a rough day would be that I didn’t go to sleep until 1:56.
- Homemade blueberry muffins with breakfast. There, I’ve used the last of the blueberries! I have a fear of letting fresh produce be forgotten and go bad in the refrigerator.
- Fairly soon after breakfast, we went into Jenny’s. She had printed a form for me, so that I can apply for a Texas license plate for the truck. I filled out the form and had her double check it. The first available appointment date was for November 2nd. We took it. However we will go for a drive and make an in person visit, on the chance of getting in earlier.
- We can’t apply for Texas drivers licenses until the truck has Texas plates.
- While we were there. Ella attended a funeral online. Her live-in babysitter, that was kind of life an older sister, had passed away up in Iowa. Because of the pandemic, many more t-hings are setting up virtual attendance.
Ella wrote: “Family members do not always join the family by birth. Betty became a member of ours when we three sisters were little and school buses didn’t go to all rural homes. Betty lived with us, attended school and helped our mother.
When Betty started her family my mother got to experience her first “grandkids”. We lost, heaven gained Betty this week. I request prayers for her family and ours.”
Thanks again for stopping by. Share this with your friends. See y’all again tomorrow. Stay safe. Remember, we love you.
- God bless and g’day.
If you enjoy our journal: comment, like, and follow. Also see our Facebook page and our new Instagram page. Just search for “Tom and Ella Journal.”
My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- ©2020 Thomas E. Williams