Welcome, family and friends, to Our Daily Journal, a remembrance for us and a point of connection for you.
“HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 8 PM CDT THIS EVENING…*WHAT…Heat index values up to 110 expected, along with air temperatures of 103 to 105 degrees.”
- When we left home this morning we did not return until after 4 this afternoon. We had church (I was liturgists today), lunch, and then received snacks for the kids summer snack program and food for the food pantry plus aluminum cans and their pop tops.
- Our Grandies group collects aluminum cans and sells then for the metal. The money helps support our various ministries. The ministries continue even though we haven’t met as a group for several months now. I’m glad to know that the “good we do” continues even when we are forbidden to assemble as a group.
- The first bags of cans were waiting for us as we came out from worship this morning. Two large bags of crushed cans plus one small bag of cans.
For lunch we sat under the canopy at Sonics. Ella had a burger, tater tots, sends a diet Dr.Pepper. I had a hotdogs, tater tots, and a vanilla Coke slushy.
- After we finished eating we took a drive to and around Lousy Hill Manor apartments. The office was closed – it is Sunday after all. But I was hoping that they would have some brochures. Nope!
- From there we went to park under the entrance awning at church. It wasn’t long until Charlotte West arrived with a key to the church. We sat inside and waited for donations for the Kids Summer Snack Program, Operation Liberty Bill Food Pantry, and aluminum cans for Grandies ministries. Bill and Karen Kennedy also assertive to help.
- We collected 8 to 10 cartons of snack items and about the same quantity of bags of aluminum cans many of them crushed. Wanda Lack also brought us a second can crusher. Now we can go twice as fast. The other bags of cans, Ella and I will detab and crush.
- Oh joy! The heat advisory has been extended through tonight and until 8pm tomorrow
..HEAT ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM CDT MONDAY…* WHAT…Heat index values up to 112 expected. High temperatures ranging from the upper 90s to 106 degrees.
Thanks again for stopping by. Share this with your friends. See y’all again tomorrow. Stay safe. Remember, we love you.
- God bless and g’day.
If you enjoy our journal: comment, like, and follow. Also see our Facebook page and our new Instagram page. Just search for “Tom and Ella Journal.”
My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- ©2020 Thomas E. Williams