Welcome, family and friends, to Our Daily Journal, a remembrance for us and a point of connection for you.
We were sprinkled on. The rain passed us by. As I looked out the door, I saw individual wet spots, where raindrops had landed, on the porch. 🎶Mercy-drops round us are falling, But for the showers we plead. There shall be showers of blessing–Precious reviving again; Over the hills and the valleys, Sound of abundance of rain.🎶
There Shall be Showers of Blessing by D.W. Whittle 1883
Almost immediately after taking the above screenshot, the 40% and raindrops disappeared from the image on the screen.
Today as of 2 o’clock here is what I’ve accomplished:
- Washed (by hand – as always) dishes,
- prepared and eaten breakfast,
- sacked up the trash (tomorrow it’s trash pickup day),
- read some bible sections,
- watched some YouTube,
- started clearing out over a thousand unread emails on a Yahoo account I haven’t used I years (more on that below),
- washed more dishes (from breakfast),
- thought about (but not decided) what to have for dinner,
- and worked on our blog.
Wow, that sounds busier than it was.
- About that Yahoo account, I had forgotten all about it, until I was moving my auto insurance from Iowa to Texas. The insurance representative on the other end of the phone said, “I will send some documents for you to sign. I have your email as ******@yahoo.com.” I stopped her there and gave her the email account I actually use. So today I opened the yahoo account ( how did I ever remember that password?) and began three process of deleting emails. Their system will only allow deleting 30 old emails at a time. Interestingly, over the years, many of those messages were from the auto insurance company. I hope that they weren’t important because I deleted them unread.
- I was back to working on budget entries again today. Every time I try to build this spread sheet, I find a new item to add. But the more I’m doing the spreadsheet, the more insight I’m getting also.
- This afternoon we found out that our friend Louine Noble died. Yesterday she has quadruple bypass surgery. The report that came back was that all went well with the operation. However, today she was in extreme pain and then her blood pressure dropped and she passed away. Ella and I and many of her friends just can’t quite believe that she is gone. She leaves a very large hole in our community. She was involved in (a driving force in) so many aspects of her church and community.
Thanks again for stopping by. Share this with your friends. See y’all again tomorrow. Stay safe. Remember, we love you.
- God bless and g’day.
If you enjoy our journal: comment, like, and follow. Also see our Facebook page and our new Instagram page. Just search for “Tom and Ella Journal.”
My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- ©2020 Thomas E. Williams