Welcome, family and friends to our daily journal. Share it with your friends. It is a way of remembrance for us and a point of connection for you.
Ella’s post: Here I am 7:30 a.m. and awake. I tried to turn off all my morning alarms but somehow I missed one for 7 a.m. we did get a good night’s sleep.
We got back home at 6:30 last night and by 7:30 We’re unloaded and in bed. Now today I’ll start unpacking bags and sorting clothes. We had two house of clothing so we didn’t have to carry them back and forth. Now it’s time to combine and get rid of some. Time for work before pleasure.
- My most time consuming choir chore for today was sorting and combining spices from two homes. That took way more time than paring down underwear and socks to 14 each. The rest will be donated to our local food pantry/thrift store, Operation Liberty Hill.
- My phone has a broken screen. Interestingly, it cracked under the screen protector and while in a hard sided phone case. It dropped and landed just perfectly on a corner. The impact caused a series of fractures radiating from the corner.
- With phone in hand (or pocket) we went into the Verizon store. I was told that I needed to go to a website (Asurion) to file an insurance claim.
- This was new to me. With previous problems, the Verizon staff did all of this for me. Oh well, things change. It was a simple process that ended with me spending$200.00. Why did I have insurance, if I basically ended up buying a rebuilt phone?
- We also checked into changing phone plans to lower our bill. As it turns out, in 4 months our phones will be paid for and we cram cancel the service on my tablet, without paying a penalty. That will save us about $80 a month.
God bless and g‘day.
If you enjoy our journal: comment, like, and follow. Also see our Facebook page and our new Instagram page. Just search for “Tom and Ella Journal.”
My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- ©2020 Thomas E. Williams