Welcome, family and friends to our daily journal. Share it with your friends. It is a way of remembrance for us and a point of connection for you.
- It was a nice rainy cool morning that stayed a nice rainy cool day.
- Travel was the word of the day. In an attempt to receive Ella’s SSA Letter, we drove into town, where we could access a stronger cell signal. For some unknown reason, though we have made three attempts to do this through the website (as I so easily did), each time the message was “unable to complete for this social security number”. The task was eventually done by phone and automaton. In 7 to 10 business days, it will arrive in the mail.
- It was around 1:30 and I was feeling peckish. I remembered that, though Hobo Junction was closed, The Junction in Bertram was open and they serve the same chicken fried steak. Yum.
- There were a couple of apartment places in the Liberty Hill area we wanted to check on. The first one had a sign on the office door that said the manager was sick and didn’t know when the office would reopen. A rather pessimistic woman with a walker hinted that she thought that the manager was looking for another job and would never come back.
- Off we went in search of the next apartment complex. Ella’s phone announced, “You have arrived,” while we were surrounded by nothing other than ranch land.
- I asked Google to find low rent apartments near Bertram, which is fairly close to where we are living now. The search came up with 3 possibilities. So Off we went.
- All three were in Burnet, which is about twenty miles from here. We spoke to the manager of two of the complexes. Prices are within our range. No 1 bedroom apartments are available but one 2 bedroom may be opening soon. We took paperwork to complete. There isa $20 filling charge which gets us on the list.
- 80+ miles and 2+ hours later we returned home.
God bless and g‘day.
If you enjoy our journal: comment, like, and follow. Also see our Facebook page and our new Instagram page. Just search for “Tom and Ella Journal.”
My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- ©2020 Thomas E. Williams