Welcome, family and friends to our daily journal. Share it with your friends. It is a way of remembrance for us and a point of connection for you.
- Today appears to be an instant replay of yesterday’s weather. That’s fine. The ground water, area lakes, and stock tanks (ponds) welcome the replenishment.
- Ella had an appointment with her urologist (she got a good report) and I needed lab work done in preparation for a VA doctor’s visit on Thursday.
The VA clinic has once again changed location and this time it is very close to nearly all of our doctors. That means that while she is at her doctor, I visit the lab.
- We went looking for apartments again today. I’m beginning to suspect that apartment managers are not only working from home now, but also putting in a two hour work week. Four sites we’ve visited have had the office locked and also appear to be unreachable by phone.
- On a different tangent, I was ready to lay down in bed and realized the light was still on. Since getting back onto my feet seems to take as much planning as the invasion at Normandy, I stared at the light switch, just beyond my reach. The little lightbulb in my head went on and I devised a plan to extinguish the lightbulb over my head.
- I grabbed a large. thin, hard bound book from the shelf near the bed. Adding the size of the book to the length of my arm enabled me to just barely reach the light switch. But it was enough. The light went out.
- Then my bride, from her side of the darkened room asked, “What book was that,?”
God bless and g‘day.
If you enjoy our journal: comment, like, and follow. Also see our Facebook page and our new Instagram page. Just search for “Tom and Ella Journal.”
My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- ©2020 Thomas E. Williams