Welcome, family and friends, to our daily journal. Share it with your friends. It is a way of remembrance for us and a point of contact for you.
Some interesting clouds this morning.Lunch was a very hardy veritable stew with dumplings. Some leftovers, a can of mixed veggies, and a can of V8. Once it was a bubbling boil, I added the dumpling mixture. Dumplings were Bisquik and milk batter.
- We stopped by the church to see how construction was progressing. The crew was at work on the “Louine Noble” education center.
- Though we couldn’t see people working on the upstairs portion of the multi purpose worship center, we could tell by the Haul away trash container outside the building, that work was progressing there also.
- Tonight I baked a pumpkin pie. There was enough filling for a 9″ pie. I had only a smaller pie pan. That was fine. I made a smaller pie. However, that meant I had filling left over.
- What to do? What to do? I crushed some mixed nuts and added them to the pumpkin. Then I mixed in an amount of oatmeal. When I had a consistency that seemed right to me, I poured it into a flat bottom pan lined with aluminum foil. Made a guess at 350° for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes I added 10 more minutes ’cause it just didn’t look solid enough. After the additional 10 minutes, I judged it firm enough but not browned enough on top.
- Next I placed it under the broiler and rotated it about a 1/4 turn every minute or so so that it would brown evenly. Once I was satisfied that I was done, I removed it to cool.
- Finally a cut a small bar and shared it with Ella. She declared it “not bad”. And so another adventure in creative baking came to an end.
.God bless and g’nite
IF YOU ENJOY OUR JOURNAL, LIKE, COMMENT, AND/OR FOLLOW
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams