Wednesday, December 30, 2020.Hello and goodbye, Sunshine, nice of you to make an appearance.
- Today: 66° Showers and thunderstorms likely in the morning then showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs around 70. Temperature falling into the lower 50s in the afternoon. South winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 25 mph shifting to the west with gusts to around 35 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 90 percent.
- Tonight 40° Breezy. Much colder. Showers and thunderstorms before midnight then showers and slight chance of thunderstorms after midnight. Lows around 40. North winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to around 35 mph. Chance of rain 100 percent.
- Thu 44° 35° Thunderstorms
- Fri 50° 31° Mostly Sunny
- Sat 55° | 36° Sunny
At 2:00 p.m. it was 46° rain and windy with 25mph gusts. Closest lightening 14 miles away. Incongruously there was also a high pollen alert. Must be because of the wind. But I would have thought the rain would clear the air of pollen.
At 6:00 it was 44° with a wind chill of 37°
GOOD NEWS BAD NEWS
- Congress won and Americans lost. The President signed the Covid Relief Bill for up to $600 per person even though it fell far short of the $2,000 per person he had wanted. That’s the bad news.
- The good news is, Starting tonight, those who qualify and who have direct deposit set up with the IRS can start looking for their second stimulus payments as soon as tonight. However, the IRS cautioned that some “may see the direct deposit payments as pending or as provisional payments in their accounts before the official payment date of January 4, 2021.”
- Not so good news. Paper checks may begin mailing with in a week, though some may wait months to see those checks because of IRS rules.
- We had a nice big breakfast of fried potatoes, bacon, eggs, oranges, and toast.
- We played more Fast Track. I actually won a few times. I have to admit that Ella is a better player. Her strategy baffles me. She passes up moves that I would take. Yet She wind. It can’t be all luck.
- It was cold with wind that made it feel and sound colder. It was cool inside so we put some throw covers over us as we reclined in our chairs. We had nowhere we HAD to go and, with the weather being nasty, no desire to go anywhere. So on this cold December day, near the end of a horrible year, we sit and wait for time to go to bed. What is taking eight o’clock so long?
- This was also the day to take out the trash and empty our holding tanks. So I did take care of the chores. The day wasn’t a complete waste.
- NO SUNSET PHOTO. That little glow on the morning horizon was as close as it came to sunshine all day.
- Also follow this other blog: http://armchairsermons.com My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time
All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams