Welcome, family and friends to our daily journal. Share it with your friends. It is a way of remembrance for us and a point of connection for you.
Cloudy, foggy in Carlisle this morning, as we were getting ready to go back to Cutty’s. Up at 6:30 and on the road about 7:15. At cutt Cutty’s before 8.
This is this morning’s sunrise over Iowa. It’s hard to tell if the sun is in clouds, fog, smog, or smoke.
- I can’t tell what it’s happening with these piles. Larger? Smaller? Or combined?
- Our great nephew Tyler came out to haul away landscaping blocks. I had them around an outdoor fireplace. John took a load of them earlier. I had two styles, John did not want the second style but Tyler did.
- Keith brought his fiancee, Joey, offer today. The trailer has been signed over to them. They also have an appointment, for tomorrow, with the Cutty’s sales staff. They understand that the seasonal site does NOT go with the trailer. They’ve also been told that storage sites and seasonal sites have a waiting list.
- Tomorrow we will relinquish our Cutty’s membership.
Ella posted: This has been a very busy trip for us. The crew emptied two storage units in a half day before moving on to the trailer and shed.
Everything is packed, except for what we need for the last couple of days.
We’ve gotten rid of our trailer. It will be moving on to other members of our family to enjoy.
We’ve seen 5 nieces, 3 nephews, 3 children, 3 grand kids, 6 great grandkids, 2 sisters, 1 sister in law and her husband. 1 son and daughter in law brought us north and another daughter joined us here, helping us clean out things.
We visited with some friends.
If you got lost in that list, that’s ok, we have felt a little lost a lot of the time.
Son, John will be carrying more stuff south, Arik and Jenny have already transported some boxes when they went home to Texas.
We’ve been at Cutty’s today visiting friends and finishing up paper work and more.
Everything is packed except what when need to eat tomorrow and Wednesday. We have a pile to give away, a pile to give to family and the pile with the last of our stuff.
Gee, we’re tired.
I will add an amen to that.
- We went back to Linnea and Rob’s in Carlisle to spend the night.
The sun in the evening looked a lot like the sun in the morning.
- God bless and g‘day.
If you enjoy our journal: comment, like, and follow. Also see our Facebook page and our new Instagram page. Just search for “Tom and Ella Journal.”
My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- ©2020 Thomas E. Williams