Welcome, family and friends to our daily journal. Share it with your friends. It is a way of remembrance for us and a point of connection for you.
- Powdered eggs and pancakes from a just-add-water mix. Yes we need some perishable foods. I’ve ordered eggs, milk, bacon, cheese, and a few other items. We’ll get them between 11 & 12 today. Also picking up prescriptions at same time.
- Ella worked at unpacking, sorting, and finding a place for her clothes that came out of the Iowa RV.
- I spent the morning combining and repackaging dry goods (flour, sugar, various beans, etc.) This left us with a lot of empty Gladware containers.
- Together we did dishes. I washed. She dried.
- We did some traveling today. We started with the 18 mile trip to Wal-Mart for groceries and meds. While there, we got a message that John and Dawn were in Liberty Hill and eating at “Hell or High Water Brewery”, a micro brewery and eatery.
- As soon as we were done at Wal-Mart, we headed back to our RV.
- In the meantime, John and Dawn explored some of the slights in Liberty Hill.
- After they arrived at or trailer, the four of us went to Lampasses. Their navigation system took them on some backroads that I had never seen before.
- In Lampasses we stopped and got a tour of an apartment.
- Then we went down to Burnet on the way to the highland lakes area.
- From there we headed toward Kingsland, with a stopover at the Llano Slab.
- We then drove past what is left of Granite Mountain, a solid dome of pink granite.
- Then through Marble Falls. The falls, for which the town its named, are no longer visible because they are under Lake L.B.J.
- We took a nice scenic drive back home, including a stop at Balcones Canyonlands Nature Preserve
- before taking John and Dawn to Dahlia’s Cafe for supper.
- Then home and an early bedtime.
God bless and g‘day.
If you enjoy our journal: comment, like, and follow. Also see our Facebook page and our new Instagram page. Just search for “Tom and Ella Journal.”
My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- ©2020 Thomas E. Williams