Welcome, family and friends, to our daily journal. Share it with your friends. It is a way of remembrance for us and a point of contact for you.
- We planned a trip to Wal-Mart to get one of Ella’s Meds, that she’s been without for quite some time. To make the trip better than going for one single item, I also ordered a few groceries. As it turned out, her meds were not there and part of my grocery order dropped from the list without noticing. So basically we made the trip needlessly.
- Tomorrow we may get some free produce at one of the churches in Leander. It appears that it is open to everyone. We will see if there are income guidelines or local residency to Leander.
- Also tomorrow, I will go to Lakeline Mall and try on the Santa suits for this year. They are provided by the photography company. That way there is more continuity between Santas and from year to year.
- For the last several years I’ve had to have the company send me different shirts. Every year I order 37″ sleeves and every year they send 34″ sleeves. And, yes my arms are longer than my legs. Must be some ape-man genes in my DNA. I’ve also encounter some problem with getting the proper neck size. The neck isn’t as important, as the top button is hidden by the beard.
- I also learned that there WILL be a second Santa, John. I don’t know how we will split up the days and hours. Over the last several years, working with Charlie, I worked morning and early afternoon and he worked late afternoon and evenings. He worked days in the school system so that worked well for him and for me.
As the sun sinks silently into the west, our days temperatures were above the average high and the day’s low was below the average.
God bless and g’nite
IF YOU ENJOY OUR JOURNAL, LIKE, COMMENT, AND/OR FOLLOW
My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
Really? I walked two and a half miles today? Maybe I was sleepwalking.