Welcome, family and friends, to our daily journal. Share it with your friends. It is a way of remembrance for us and a point of contact for you.
- Clear? I beg to differ! It appears to my untrained eye to be cloudy overcast. However, I’m not accredited by the American Meteorological Society, so go ahead and trust the experts – it’s clear.
- After all these are the same people who brought us global warming – oh, sorry that may be impossible to substantiate – so let’s call it climate change. And in their world view, decide it is a man-made condition, rather than a cyclic change in solar activity or natural occurring events.
- I will not disagree that there is climate change. It happens. It has always happened. Texas was once at the bottom of the ocean. Part of the Gulf of Mexico was once dry land. There have been 3 “mini ice ages”. 1 beginning about 1650, another about 1770, and the last in 1850. And then there was also was a time of warm climate change lasting from to .
- I think it is the height of hubris to believe that tiny insignificant humans can drastically change the climate. And the more reasonable explanation for climate cooling or climate warming are causes by natural phenomena outside of human control. Perhaps we humans should also take credit or blame for the shifting magnetic north pole.
- Here ends the history and science lessons for today.
We will call this our Throwback Thursday report for this week.
This morning I cut the oatmeal pumpkin bar in half, slathered on some marshmallow creme and made a sandwich out of it. Then it was cut into bars. Ella said they are good.
Ella made a Carmel apple cobbler
Two “middle aged” folks enjoying the sunshine and each other. Since we plan to live past 150, we are in or middle years.
Thanksgiving dinner (middle meal of the day) consisted of turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and broccoli. Dessert was pumpkin pie and Carmel apple cobbler, and real whipped cream. We are very blessed.
- IF YOU ENJOY OUR JOURNAL, LIKE, COMMENT, AND/OR FOLLOW
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams